Monday, December 01, 2008

 

Carnival of Elitist Bastards, VII


The November (almost) Carnival of Elitist Bastards is soaking up some caffeine at Café Philos. Here is a sample that particularly tickled my elitist sensibilities:

I'm pretty sure I threw something at the TV when I found out that some skid mark was sueing CERN because he was certain that none of the hundreds of trained physicists could possibly have thought about black holes being made in the LHC. Not a chance. No way in hell could a room of the world's best and brightest physicists have possibly thought about something so obvious.

Whenever I'm up on my little soapbox I like to say that scientists aren't really that much smarter than everyone else, they've just found something to be passionate about. It may or may not be true, but I'll tell you one thing: We're the experts.We know what we're doing. We're not stupid.

You do your own damn job.

Now go and hunt up where it came from and, if you happen to read all the entries before you find it ... good for you!


Okay, it was Alan at Terahertz.
.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

. . . . .

Organizations

Links
How to Support Science Education
archives