Wednesday, July 20, 2011

 

More On Education


I've beem remiss in blogging of late for various reasons, so I thought I'd revive some older posts for those who don't obsessively comb through my previous efforts. Feel free to ignore this.

September 30, 2006:

Sometimes you just have to wonder how America keeps its status as the sole superpower in the world.
.
An award-winning Texas art teacher has not had her contract renewed after taking her fifth-grade students on a school-approved field trip to the Dallas Museum of Art.
The Fisher Elementary School art teacher came under fire last April when she took 89 fifth-graders on a field trip to the Dallas Museum of Art. Parents raised concerns over the field trip after their children reported seeing a nude sculpture at the art museum.
It seems the good people of Dubyaland weren't aware that they can't trust even Texas museums to protect their children from art ... er ... smut.
The parents had signed permission slips allowing their children to take part in the field trip.
So someone must be at fault ... who else but the teacher?
.
What does this have to do with our status as a superpower? How long can we keep that with a citizenry made up of morons?
.
I'd be concerned about insulting them, but if any of them stumble across this page, they'll have their eyes screwed tight shut.

Comments:
I found myself asking the same question very often when I was in Russia.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

. . . . .

Organizations

Links
How to Support Science Education
archives